13.7.04

THE BLANKET

Rummaging

Dolours Price • 9 July 2004

I spend a considerable amount of time rummaging through my head. I come up with bits and pieces, some make me happy, others make me sad, and some make me downright angry, and I mean angry. The reader will know; I think we all rummage.

Last night, when sleep eluded me, I came up with a memory of the night we, as "the Republican Family", were called to meet in the Roddy Mc Corley club to be told why the ceasefire was to be. I say 'to be told' because it was being 'told', no-one had ever asked me to cast my vote 'yea' or 'nay'. We were to be given the opportunity to ask questions after the telling; it would not change the already made decision but it was probably supposed to make us feel that we had in some way 'chosen' what was foregone. . .

>>>READ IT

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?